Open to those non-political charitable grantmaking organizations legally established or with a legal presence in East Africa or elsewhere that meet all published criteria for membership as determined from time to time by the Board.
• Member organizations make grants through an open and transparent process to at least five organizations/individuals each year .
• A fundamental operational purpose and activity of member organizations is grantmaking .
Open to non-political charitable organizations that do not currently fulfill all criteria for membership but who fully support the Mission and the Objects of the Association.
Open to non-political non-grantmaking bodies that have an interest or involvement in the practice of philanthropy and in the Mission and the Objects of the Association
• Member organizations have a working presence in any of the East African community countries.
• Member organizations agree to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics.
• Member organizations have full autonomy in their activities and a track record in leveraging resources.
• Member organizations have been active in the field of social development for at least one year.