The Foundations Law Engagements
The purpose of this project is to look at the current state of Kenyan law as it relates to trusts and foundations with a view to recommending changes to the law that would enable trusts and foundations created in Kenya to meet the following objectives:
- a) Encourage public confidence in trusts and foundations as tools of philanthropy and wealth management.
- b) Enhance internal governance trusts and foundations.
- c) Align and synergise the regulation of trusts and foundations.
- d) Update registration requirements so as to provide assurance to regulators while at the same time reducing non-essential bureaucracy.
- e) Encourage re-patriation of private wealth.
- f) Align the Trust and Foundation legislation with best practices around the world.